List of things that make me angry:
- When I am treated as though my thoughts could not possibly have validity because I: am not religious; grew up being religious; am “young,” as though my beliefs are a rebellious phase I will inevitably grow out of. There is a possibility that my beliefs will change over time. I will not dispute that. But the supposed impermanence of my beliefs/ideas/concerns does not make them invalid here and now.
- When people respond to my being offended with “that is your choice,” absolving themselves or the institution that they are defending of any responsibility in the situation.
- When these same people expect me to apologize for offending them.
- When people call me “nazi.” This occurs most frequently in the context of “grammar-nazi” or “femi-nazi.” Neither me pointing out the incorrect usage of a word nor me calling for the dismantling of an oppressive/patriarchal system resemble nazism. Try counteracting my arguments with actual rebuttals and not ad hominem attacks.
- When people think that it is okay to tell me how to behave/dress/speak.
- When people think that, because they identify as women, telling me how to behave/dress/speak is a “feminist” move.
- When people decide to point out how every system they don’t belong to is awful, while their system is THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE AND AWESOME system.
- When people dismiss or outright ignore the parallels and/or connections between their own system and the systems they deem to be “evil.”
- When people laugh and call me ignorant before having done their own investigation into a matter.
- When people tell me not to get angry.